All Locations – Full Time
Giffin Equipment is the largest, independently owned equipment rental company and authorized Bobcat dealership on the Central Coast with three locations in Ventura, Goleta, Santa Maria, and soon-to-be open in Atascadero! We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced individual for our brand new position of Purchasing Agent. The ideal candidate will have experienced familiarity with construction equipment as well as parts, and have demonstrable knowledge of various inventory and/or purchasing concepts.
The Purchasing Agent will be responsible for maintaining the company’s end-to-end sourcing operations, evaluating purchases to seek out pricing/discount opportunities, and creating best methods for day-to-day purchasing operations. This role will be heavily involved in interfacing with: various business partners to track purchasing activity, vendors to leverage volume for discounts, and senior management to streamline operations. This position reports directly to the Senior Manager of Finance & Accounting.
– Create, maintain, verify, and finalize Purchase Orders for fixed asset, inventory, and miscellaneous purchases.
– Coordinate with accounting department to ensure that purchases are posted accurately, maintain inventory accuracy, and act as point of final verification for procure-to-pay process.
– Prepare reports to analyze purchasing costs relative to volume, and negotiate with vendors to leverage discounts.
Required Skills & Education
– Degree in a related field of study
– 1-2 years of experience working in purchasing or procurement role
– Knowledge of Microsoft Excel required, and knowledge of Point of Rental, ASPEN, or CDK Global business systems highly preferred
– Previous experience in construction, equipment rental, or dealership industries and strong knowledge of heavy equipment highly preferred
– Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
– Thorough and highly detail oriented.
As well as offering competitive wages, Giffin Equipment offers the following incentives to their employees:
– Health, dental and vision insurance offered to full-time employees
– Managed 401K Plan
– Group Term Life Insurance
– Opportunity to work overtime
– Growth opportunities within the company